|Divine Divinity English Patch V1.0 - [May 2nd, 2003]|
This patch will bring your version of Divine Divinity to V1.34.
It is ONLY intended for the English version of Divine Divinity. It replaces all previous hotfixes/patches/updates. To install it, just download the following file (10,3 mb), run it and follow the onscreen instructions.
Bugfixes addressed in V1.34
- Solves the black map/resetted world problem
Please read the following carefully:
If you apply the updated patch and load savegames made prior to v1.33 you will encounter no more problems.
If you had loaded savegames made with v1.33 after starting a new game with v1.33 you will also not encounter any problems.
If you have made a savegame in versions before v1.33, then loaded that savegame in v1.33 and saved in v1.33, that savegame is potentially corrupt. The best thing is to revert to one of the savegames made earlier with v1.32 or before.
Bugfixes addressed in V1.33
- Loading of items is now more robust. This was the major reason for corrupted savegames.
- Instantiation of charm plates fixed - clicking twice on a charmable item will now close it rather than pop up another window. This also prevents item corruption from happening.
- Fixed bug with passive skills like ranger sight & magic barrier that were acquired through a bonus on a weapon and which would cause constant increments of the stats when loading
Story fixes: A lot of the following fixes are only valid if you start a new game. However, if you donīt start a new game, installing the patch has no adverse effect.
- Fix for being able to enter Stormfist Castle through cellar.
- Fixing for Joram speaking of Mardaneus being sick even after curing him.
- Fix for Maria becoming invisible shortly and having her attitude change to 0
- Fix for trolls being already dead when arriving at bridge and the guards being mad for not helping them while the player never saw them before
- Fix for the possibility of drinking the bottle of ale you need to get for rob
- Fix for the problem where the balin class in the sewers of Verdistis caused other npc's to become hostile when killing them
- Fixed:Balin scene in prison triggers at the wrong times causing lockups
- Merchants Guild Tingalf quest problem solved.
- Fixed:Becoming a member of the Merchants Guild by paying gold doesn't work
- Fixed:Slasher scene can go wrong
- Fixed:George killed monologue always plays when entering georges house
- Fixed:Succubus scene problems
- Fixed:Sir Markham problem with dialog starting to soon
- Ficed:Dwarven town crier scene problems when it triggers several times, and he moved around
- Fixed:Rob dialog, dialog option "I need more time" doesn't disappear
- Fixed:broken wheel quest cannot be solved when doing sewer depot scene to early
- Fixed:Corinna takes the wine she needs too early
- Fixed:Story problem at graveyard
- Fixed:Problem with key in Dr. Elrath's house: If finding it before the scene with Dr. Elrath in his house, the key disappears and you cannot get in his house anymore without lock-picking
- Fixed:Quest log problem broken wheel quest
- Fixed:Zaknadrix dialog option disappears to go to the Pocket Universe
- Fixed:Can kill both Yoram and Otho -> no hint for Goemoe, story hangs
- Fixed:Vampire in cave problem with immortal status during scene
- Fixed:Cannot tell Mardaneus you found Georges murderer in the COS
- Fixed:Stormy weather doesn't stop anymore after defeating the talking tree
- Fixed:Cannot tell Otho about curing both patients before having talked to Goemoe
- Fixed:Victor and Antoinette, one of them does not get removed
- Fixed:Timmy region triggering scene is on hill
- Fixed:Malachias, cannot give him gold anymore after meeting him for the first time
- Fixed:Trevor dialog, can expose Tingalf before receiving quest
- Fixed:Scenes hanging around Aleroth
- Fixed:Council of Seven Scrying scene problems
- Fixed:Key opening several doors problem
- Fixed:Elmer Vignus didn't give the brooch
- Fixed:Receive quest to find George's murderer when finding his body, not when Mardaneus asks you
- Fixed:Scene hangs in Ionas dungeon when Arhu shows equipment
- Fixed:Entering final dungeon and scene hangs
- Fixed:After godscene game hangs in wastelands
- Fixed:Killing demon of lies with death scorpions prevents the end-scene from playing
Feature changes/bugfixes introduced in V1.32
- Quicksaves now alternate between 1 and the MaxQuickSaveAmount setting in config.lcl which by default is at 2 but which can be increased to any number if you want a number of sequential quicksaves. To increase the setting - open the file config.lcl in the folder where you installed Divine Divinity, and add the line MaxQuickSaveAmount # with # being the maximum amount of quicksaves you want.
- Boss monsters and monsters have become easier on the "easy level". Damage done by boss monsters on normal level has been reduced a bit.
- Included several optimizations that make the game more responsive
- Added error logging in error.txt file
- Switched from jpg to png for screenshots
- Prevent quicksaving when you are dead
- Game gives warning when color depth is not 16 bit since this seems to cause a lot of problems on some systems.
- Saving now first happens to a temporary folder and only when it is completely successful does it remove the previous savegame that is being overwritten (if there is one)
- Range clipping on sight boosts is now done correctly, preventing the loss of sight on multiple loads
- Fixed animation bug which might cause the game to crash if you saved and then loaded while standing still with a bow.
- Fixed bug which would cause game to crash if a leaving script that was being executed and that got saved got loaded again (very rare)
- Prevented saving while teleportation is busy because it lead to lock ups
- Finiganīs lockpick problem solved
- Added plausibility checks and fixes for corrupt dialog log due to version mismatches
- Solved nasty polymorph recursion bug
Feature changes/bugfixes introduced in V1.31
- Internationalized game so that the same executable patches work on different language versions from now on. (There is still a difference between Unicode and non Unicode versions however)
- Fixed bug which would cause negative resistances if you unequipped an item which gave you a boost to magical barrier without actually having learnt the skill.
- Fixed bug where you would consistently get increasing resistances if you learned the resist magic skill and saved/load all the time, eventually leading up to corruption.
- Autofix for corrupted resistances.
- Fixed bug which would cause a crash when highlighting a npc at the moment you get teleported.
- Font fixes for French letters
- Fixed bug which would cause the game to crash if a leadershipped creature would fight at a certain distance from the player
- Fixed bug which could cause occasional crashes when loading partymembers
- Got rid of bug which would case maps not to switch when a partymember was occupied.
- Partymembers now defend themselves and they do not clear the shroud anymore.
- Rare problem leading up to crashes during mapswitches is now solved
- Fixed memory leak in scrying scenes
- Solved "Verdistis" slowdown problem
Copyright 1999-2001 by Larian Studios
All rights reserved.
|DAD's Item editor, Version 1.4 (executable)/Version 1.3 (zipped) - [July, 2003]|
This item editor, created by DAD, is for changing or adding item attributes. Characteristics which can be edited include the item's name (text and colour it is displayed in), number of charm slots, armour, damage, weapon speed, durability, passive skills such as Deathblow or Life Drain, primary stats (strength, agility, intelligence, constitution) or vitality, mana, sight, hearing, offense, defense and resistance bonuses.
DisclaimerWith the demise of DAD's site, he asked for volunteers to host his editor so it would continue to be available. Since I, Kiya, am not the creator (obviously) and have not personally used this editor, please do not e-mail me for help or support. Use this editor at your own risk! If you encounter problems, search for information on the Larian Forum, or post your problem / question there
WarningWith any save or item editor that modifies game data, it is strongly advised that you make an extra save before using it, or make a copy of the saved game folder. DAD's item editor has a button to backup the current items.000 file, however, an additional save would give you an easy way to revert to the original configuration (if, for example, you made several changes, played for a bit and decided the extra equipment bonuses made the game boring) and protect against forgetting to make a backup within the program.
To install DAD's item editor, you will likely need to download version 1.3, which contains the additional support files that your system may not already have. If you have previously installed and run the program, you should only need to download the executable for version 1.4.
Downloading DDIE, Version 1.4(120 kb)To install it, just download the following file for DDIE, Version 1.4 (120 kb). This is the executable file only of the latest (and most likely last) version. If you receive any errors about missing dll or ocx files, download and install version 1.3, then (optionally) replace that DDIE.exe file with the 1.4 version.
Changes from version 1.3
Downloading DDIE, Version 1.3(2.38 MB)Or download DDIE, Version 1.3 (zipped full installation, 2.38 MB) and unpack it. After downloading, double click on the DDIE_ZIPPED.exe file to extract the program and setup files. By default the files will be extracted into the current folder, but you can specify a new folder (for easier cleanup of these temporary files when you are done installing). Next, double click the setup program in that folder.
Using the item editorBefore running the item editor, while in the game, you need to make a note of the name of any items you wish to edit (and maybe some of the stats, to tell the difference between similarly named items). The item editor will list all items found in the items.000 file, which will contain items in your inventory, stashed in chests or just possible items that you have not found yet (a new game has about 500 items listed). Also, you should save under a new name so you can easily revert to a point before experimenting, if you should need or wish to do so.
After running the program, you need to open the "items.000" file in the save game folder you wish to modify (that name will already be the default in the 'Open' dialog box). Each save is a subfolder in the '..\Divine Divinity\Run\savegames' folder where you installed the game. Initially you will have to browse to the desired folder, but after that the program will remember the last accessed folder. If you wish, you could even place the DDIE.exe program in the 'savegames' folder for easier browsing (when first started, or program fails to find the last accessed folder, it defaults to the folder it is in).
It is possible to save the game in Divinity then Alt-Tab out to run the editor, though some systems can either be slow doing this with games or become unstable. If you encounter problems, or have in the past, save and exit Divinity first. Then run the save editor (backup before editing, click on the cancel button in the edit window if you do not want to make any changes) and exit, then re-start Divinity (or switch back to it) and load the save you just edited for the changes to take effect.
|iZakaron's SaveEditor (DDSaveEdit, zipped) - |
This editor, created by gamer iZakaron, is for changing or adding skill points to your char - either by removing useless ones and replacing them at a more appropriate place or simply giving yourself more - so your char will survive.
Disclaimer and warningAs I merely host this editor and have not personally used it, please do not e-mail me for help or support. Use it at your own risk! If you encounter problems, search for information on the Larian Forum, or post your problem / question there, please.
Before using iZakaron's save editor, it would be a good idea to save under a new name from within Divinity, or make a copy of the saved game folder in Windows Explorer. There is an option in the save editor to make a backup file when saving changes, but a separate save game would be safer and make it easier to undo multiple editing of the same save.
Downloading iZakaron's Save Editor (106 kb)To install it, just download the following file and then follow Raze's instructions, please.
Using the Save EditorOnce you start the program, click on the '...' button near the top right, browse to the saved game folder you want to edit, select the data.000 file and click open. The save editor will list all the skills on the left, with unused skill points and the level and description of the currently selected skill in the centre. On the right side of the program window are listed the character's experience points, stats and unused stat points.
There is a 'Redistribute Points' button on the right side, enabled by default (light grey background). If you wish to add skill or stat points (rather than just move the ones you have around) or change your experience points, click the button to disable that restriction (standard grey background).